Fireplaces are used for warming up homes during the cold winter months, but the holidays offer an opportunity to turn the mantel into a beautiful focal point while maintaining its functional attributes. Throughout the year, many indoor fireplace mantels are adorned with favorite items, such as framed photographs, clocks and trinkets that showcase your style. Come holiday time, transform your mantel into a small Christmas winter wonderland.
Whether fireplace mantel decorating is already a family tradition, or this is the first year you’re decking the mantel with holiday cheer, the key to a beautiful fireplace is to make sure your creativity and personal touches shine through. Here are some ideas to decorate home and business fireplace mantels in Wausau, WI for the holidays:
- Settle on certain colors: Christmas is represented by all sorts of bright and beautiful colors, particularly green and red. For this reason, decorating for the holidays can be a challenge. Using too many colors or themes has a way of making your space look chaotic, but settle on certain colors and you’re one step closer to having an organized, perfectly decorated fireplace mantel.
- Select a centerpiece: The holiday time is an opportunity to switch out that usual large painting, mirror or clock over the mantel for an exquisite green wreath. Or, simply decorate your year-round centerpiece by placing festive items around it. The goal is to draw eyes to your decorated mantel, and a holiday-themed centerpiece can do just that.
- Add festive trim: Festive holiday fireplace mantel trim is a must-have for many people. This can be a real evergreen garland or a trim made of faux pine branches or flowers. After draping the garland along your mantel, add traditional festive flair, like berry bunches, red ribbons, strings of silver and gold beads or pinecones.
- Decorate it: Now, fill in empty fireplace mantel space with select holiday décor, such as potted poinsettias, Christmas figurines, nutcrackers, holiday family keepsakes or religious pieces. You can also fill glass jars with ornaments to put on display. If the mantel trim has room and is secured down, hang a few ornaments on it.
- Include lighting elements: Don’t forget to include lights with your fireplace mantel this holiday season! Lighting elements add to the mood of the room, converting the atmosphere to a merry feel. You can weave clear or colorful string lights onto your garland, use flameless candles or put real candles inside hurricanes for safe lighting. Light-up ceramic Christmas houses, manger scenes and other holiday figurines also make for excellent mantel lighting options.
Decorating the fireplace for the holiday season can bring comfort and joy into your home, and adding home décor to your mantel the rest of the year is a way to incorporate a personal touch.
For mantel installation, repairs or help with décor ideas, don’t hesitate to contact the team at Marcell’s Specialties Inc., your local experts in fireplace mantels in Wausau, WI. From our family to yours, we wish you a wonderful holiday season and a happy new year!
Categorised in: Fireplace Mantels
This post was written by Writer