Incorporating a fire feature in your backyard or patio is one of the best ways to boost your home’s resale value and help entertain friends and family, but there are several fireplace types in Wausau, WI, and figuring out which one is right for you can be tough. This post will cover a few of the outdoor fire products we install.
Wood-burning fire pits and fireplaces have been around for centuries, and for good reason! Wood-burning outdoor products have a variety of benefits and uses—here are some of them:
- Fireplace: Just like an indoor one, an outdoor fireplace is an intimate setting to cozy up with a loved one and watch the flames flicker. Our professionals at Marcell’s Specialties Inc. can design and install your outdoor fireplace to look just as good as your indoor one. We can even incorporate built-in seating, so you won’t have to worry about chairs.
- Fire pit: A fire pit is by far the best place for friends and family to gather outside. Installing a basic fire pit can be a DIY job, but if you want to incorporate built-in seating, you’ll need to call our professionals! Built-in seating enhances your fire pit’s usability and increases your home’s value.
As long as you have room to install a gas line, you might want to consider a natural gas fire pit. Here are two designs to think about:
- Sunken: As the name implies, a sunken fire pit is built into the ground or patio. Just like with a wood-burning fire pit, they’re perfect for gathering around and telling campfire stories! Homeowners with small children need to be careful when the kids are near the pit, as there typically isn’t a barrier around it.
- Table-top design: One of the more popular trends these days is installing a fire pit in a table-top. These tables are typically made of stone or brick and are surrounded by seating, so everyone can get nice and toasty. Don’t worry, though—table-top fire pits have a protective glass barrier surrounding the flame.
Which is right for you?
Just like with any home improvement project, you’ll need to weigh your options before taking the plunge and making an investment. Here are a few things to consider between your two options:
- Budget: Any type of outdoor fire pits in Wausau, WI will add value to a home, but you’ll need to consider how much you’re willing to invest in your new fire feature. You can install a wood-burning fire pit by yourself, so they’re a lot cheaper than a natural gas alternative. Natural gas fire features require gas line installation and a lot of masonry work, which can be pricy.
- Use: If you’re planning on hosting large parties on your back patio, you might want to consider a sunken natural gas fire pit with built-in seating. This will provide plenty of space for everyone to gather and will really impress your friends! On the other hand, if you and your significant other simply want to cuddle up outside, an outdoor fireplace is likely the perfect choice.
The start of summer is the ideal time to install fireplace pits in Wausau, WI. Regardless of the size or style of your desired outdoor fire product, Marcell’s Specialties Inc. can install it for you. Reach out to learn more!
Categorised in: Fireplaces
This post was written by Writer