It’s finally here—the holiday season is upon us! It’s a time for giving gifts, eating a little bit too much and decorating your home in the spirit of the season. Once you put up your tree and a few strings of lights, you might find yourself short on ideas. That’s no problem! If you’re lucky enough to have a sturdy fireplace mantel in your home, there are countless ways to express your joy.
Here are some of the most innovative Christmas mantel décor ideas in Wausau, WI, courtesy of the team of fireplace experts at Marcell’s Specialties Inc.
Express your Christmas spirit
Below are some popular jumping-off points for a Christmas mantel. You can pick and choose your favorites, blend themes and play around with them as much as you’d like.
Picking the right mantel idea isn’t about getting on a magazine cover—it’s about coming up with something you and your family can enjoy and cherish. Here’s how to get started:
- A story of Christmases past: Almost every family finds the time to take a few photos each holiday season. Adorn your mantel with a mixture of framed and unframed photos that tell the story of your family’s holiday celebration through the years.
- A snowy Christmas village: Few images are more attached to Christmas than that of a sleepy, snowy village just after dark. You can purchase one of several options, make your own out of gingerbread or even have your kids build a village from blocks or Legos.
- Embrace the forest: There’s nothing wrong with bringing a little of the outdoors inside. You can adorn your mantel with small trees to mimic a little snowy forest. This can also be a fun craft project to get the whole family in on the holiday spirit.
- Go vintage: There’s nothing quite as timeless as a down-home Christmas. Hang stockings for each family member. Add some faux pine branches and garland for a rustic look. You can also add wreaths or bows to complete the décor.
- Festival of lights: There’s not a soul who doesn’t enjoy a full array of Christmas lights. Use your mantel as a means to bring your Christmas lights inside. You can even hang your lights in a festive pattern above your fireplace to fill any negative space. Pair with some greenery for a splash of color.
There’s no wrong way to execute these Christmas mantel décor ideas in Wausau, WI. Remember that the holiday season is about enjoying yourself and time with your family, and your decorations should serve as a reflection of that philosophy. Have fun with them!
Need help with your mantel?
To make the most of your Christmas mantel decorations in Wausau, WI, you need a gorgeous mantel surrounding your hearth. If your mantel is chipped, worn down or simply a relic from another generation, come to Marcell’s Specialties Inc. Since 1949, we have provided expert care and service to all of our clients. We have the knowledge and the tools to build, repair and renovate residential and commercial fireplaces throughout Wisconsin.
There’s a reason Marcell’s Specialties Inc. has been around for over 70 years. Contact us today to see what we can do for you!
Categorised in: Fireplace Mantel Ideas
This post was written by Writer